Deputy Chief Executive Officer
About the job
London (Central London)
Sector: Banking and Finance
The Deputy Chief Executive Officer is directly responsible to the CEO, He\She will assists in the overall management and performance of the company, including development and control over budgeting and financial planning; contract/grant
Compliance, accounting and fiscal management; grant applications; and recruitment, selection, and evaluation of the Senior Management Team. The Deputy CEO works closely with CEO and is assigned projects and line authority by the CEO. It is anticipated that the Deputy CEO would be a replacement for the CEO in his/her absence.
Essential Functions :
· Develop the business strategy and operating plan, and gain Board approval
· Implement a successful sales and marketing strategy to deliver profitable revenue goals
· Establish good relationships with key customers and suppliers
· Identify and close major commercial opportunities to drive profitable revenue
· Oversee all processes, project management and output to ensure first class service is delivered.
· Build and develop the team needed to deliver the strategy
· Pitch the company to prospective investors in future funding rounds
· Work closely with the Board
· Deputise for the Chief Executive during periods of absence, and in relation to specific matters, issues or elements of company’s operation as required, ensuring a consistency of approach and decisions which align with the company’s objectives.
· Degree in either Business, Finance or Accounting;
· 8 -12 years of experience with either banks, financial institutions or consulting firms;
· Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
· B2B sales experience - significant amount of time to be spent with strategic trade customers
· Marketing experience and appreciation of what drives end user demand, able to make the connection with potential new product or service offerings
· Strong communication and negotiation skills
· Start Up company experience/mind-set able to switch as required between high level strategic thinking and sorting out the details of any aspect of the business
· Some appreciation of technology products and of the mobile industry
· Solid experience and proven track record of launching and growing e-commerce businesses in UK or Europe.
· Hands on operational experience, ability to set up a strategy and execute it according to the budget.
· Strong leadership skills, be a self-starter with results oriented approach
· Experience in project delivery, launch of new products / services and vendor management
· Experience in dealing with C-level decision makers and senior stakeholders;
· Flexibility to travel if required;
Fluent English is a must, and other European languages (RUSSIAN AND UKRAINIAN) would be an advantage
To apply for this position, please forward a CV together with a one page supporting statement.Quoting ref MD1617240
Please ensure that your application fully addresses the key requirements for the role.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £60,000.00 to £130,000.00 /year
· either banking or financial: 8 years
Successful candidates may be subject to security and background checks based on location and position.
Job Reference Code MD1617240